Tom Vanderputten Keith Loutzenhiser Nick Christofeno Mike Beachy
Jon Christofeno Mark Holcomb Lee Troyer Wayne Andrews Jim Mauck
- Due to the ongoing restrictions at the Middlebury Library because of Covid-19 the next meeting on Wednesday October 14, 2020 will be held at the home of Keith Loutzenhiser.
- Keith’s Address: 10475 Cottage Grove Dr., Middlebury, IN 46540
- The meeting minutes for August 12, 2020 were approved.
- The water temperatures have been good with cool nights. The low water levels have caused the fishing to be tricky. Dries and baby leech patterns have been successful.
- Keith Loutzenhiser submitted the report for August. The total for all accounts is $ 26,199.43
- LECTU received $ 150 from Dr. Dan Burns
- LECTU received a legal notice from INterra regarding Mandatory Arbitration with disputes.
- LECTU received dues reimbursement from TU National. The total was $ 767.50
- The summer newsletter is nearly complete and will be sent out soon.
Little Elkhart River Guide
- Mike will rewrite the guide with assistance from Keith.
- Access points to be highlighted with blow-ups of key sections.
LECTU Web-Site Manager
- The LECTU web-site is often not updated, and contains old and stale information.
- LECTU will search for someone that can take over full time management of the Web-Site.
Corson County Park
- There is no new information from the County about the park.
- New construction of building sites, roads, and retaining pond has started next to the park land.
- When fishing this section stay back from the first house downstream from the access trail.
Middlebury Youth Fishing Contest
- Tom Enright (Middlebury Parks) and LECTU (Sponsorship) will jointly host this venture.
- Tom is getting permission from The Essenhaus and LECTU will provide prizes.
- Keith Loutzenhiser will be the contact person at LECTU. We need additional volunteers.
- The plan is to have the event in early October.
Summer Work Days
- Saturday September 12th was the last scheduled work day for this year.
- Mike and Nick will lead a team of Nick’s friends.
- Mike and Wayne Andrews will work Friday September 11th to pre-drill logs.
TU Youth Report
- The national TU youth director will interview Keith regarding the youth volunteer hours submitted to TU National by LECTU.
Chris Wood TU CE0
- Mike and Nick have a scheduled Zoom Meeting on September 22nd with Chris Wood.
- Nick received an email from Carlson Ross from IDEM who will be conducting a study of fish tissue samples.
- Nick will assist Carlson Ross with access to the Little Elkhart.
LECTU Annual Hats
- We will need a new source for 2021 LECTU hats. We will research new vendors.
Next Meeting – Wednesday – October 14, 2020
- NOTE: Due to Library restrictions we will meet at the home of Keith Loutzenhiser.
- Address for Keith: 10475 Cottage Grove Dr., Middlebury, IN 46540
Tom Vanderputten – Secretary