Tom Vanderputten Keith Loutzenhiser Nick Christofeno Mike Beachy David Rosbrugh
Jon Christofeno Leonard Gustin Mark Holcomb
- The meeting minutes for June 10, 2020 were approved.
- With the recent heat wave it has been too hot to safely fish. Remember to use a stream thermometer and if the water temperature is above 64 degrees, it is too hot for catch/release. Trout will most likely not survive the stress even if they are released.
- Keith Loutzenhiser did not have a complete financial report. He will have a report at the August meeting.
- The report to Indiana Gaming for the raffle license has been filed with the State.
- LECTU received $ 100 from Dr. Burns. Mike plans to deliver a LECTU appreciation plaque to Dr. Burns for his continuing support.
- The summer newsletter has been started and will be sent by August.
Little Elkhart River Guide (reprinted from March meeting minutes)
- The river guide is outdated and contains obsolete information.
- After discussion it was decided to keep the current tri-fold format for the guide. After it is updated and new copies printed, they will be available at No Charge.
- Keith volunteered to work on a new draft for the guide.
LECTU Web-Site Manager
- The LECTU web-site is often not updated, and contains old and stale information.
- LECTU will search for someone that can take over full time management of the Web-Site.
- David Rosbrugh is a new member from Warsaw. David is interested in possibly taking over this position. David will work with Mike and Brandon to check if this is a viable option.
Corson County Park
- There is no new information about the park we are still waiting on the zoning board.
NLC Youth Education
- Workgroup Skype meeting to be held. Keith will report at our August meeting.
Wood Duck Houses
- Mark Holcomb is working with the Boy Scouts of St. Joe County to procure 20 duck houses for LECTU. They would be installed at The Meadow, Hoover Woods, and on the Swartz brother’s property.
Edward Donnelly Chapter
- LECTU will supposedly receive $ 500 from the Ed Donnelly for our stream conservation efforts.
- The Ed Donnelly has requested a joint work day in August/September starting at 10:00am (9:00am Chicago Time). Since LECTU has already established work days for these months, we will notify them of these days.
- LECTU has not been contacted by the Ed Donnelly as of the July 8, 2020 LECTU meeting.
Summer Work Days
- The trail cutting through Hoover Woods was completed on Saturday June 13th.
- In addition, many fallen trees were cut and removed.
- The first work day is July 11th. We will install new up and overs, and cut and move logs.
- The remaining work days are July 25, August 8 and 22, and September 12 (all Saturdays).
- The Middlebury Riverfest event is August 29th. Our contact is Tom Enright.
- Keith will be the chairperson from LECTU for the event.
- It is very possible that this event will be cancelled for 2020.
- Zach Pope of the Twin Cities Chapter is attempting to compile a trout map in the Midwest States.
- Zach is working on Indiana and Michigan and needs some help.
- LECTU will have Leonard Gustin contact Zach and offer assistance.
Next Meeting – Wednesday – August 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- NOTE: Due to the reduced hours at the Library we will continue to meet at Riverbend Park.
Tom Vanderputten – Secretary