Tom Vanderputten Keith Loutzenhiser Nick Christofeno Mike Beachy Chase Spaw Jon Christofeno Wayne Andrews
- The meeting minutes for May 13, 2020 were approved.
- Nick reported fishing the Little Elkhart and doing well using an Elk Hair Caddis
- Keith Loutzenhiser reported a total balance $ 25,893.34 in all accounts.
- Keith reported that the Annual Financial Report to TU National has been filed.
- The report to Indiana Gaming for the raffle license will be filed this month.
- LECTU received $ 100 from Dr. Burns, $ 30 for fishing guides, and $ 5 for a fly box.
- LECTU received $ 30 from Sean Ward of Ft. Wayne for two fishing guides.
- Greg Hodnett (LECTU member from Indianapolis) contacted Mike about fishing the Little Elkhart.
- The summer newsletter will be sent by July/August.
Little Elkhart River Guide (reprinted from March meeting minutes)
- The river guide is outdated and contains obsolete information.
- After discussion it was decided to keep the current tri-fold format for the guide. After it is updated and new copies printed, they will be available at No Charge.
- Keith volunteered to work on a new draft for the guide.
LECTU Web-Site Manager
- The LECTU web-site is often not updated, and contains old and stale information.
- LECTU will search for someone that can take over full time management of the Web-Site. There are no additional updates regarding this position.
Corson County Park
- There is no new information about the park we are still waiting on the zoning board.
NLC Youth Education
- Workgroup Skype meeting to be held. Keith will report at our next meeting.
Wood Duck Houses
- Mark Holcomb has agreed to look into this for LECTU
Edward Donnelly Chapter
- LECTU will supposedly receive $ 500 from the Ed Donnelly for our stream conservation efforts.
- The Ed Donnelly has requested a joint work day in August/September starting at 10:00am (9:00am Chicago Time). Since LECTU has already established work days for these months, we will notify them of these days.
Summer Work Days
- The trail cutting through Hoover Woods will be Saturday June 13th and start at 7:00am. Mike, Nick, Wayne, Jon, and Chase will participate.
- In addition, due to many fallen trees there will need to be chainsaw work as well.
- The other work days are July 11, 25, August 8, 22, and September 12 (all days are Saturday).
- The Middlebury Riverfest event is August 29th. Our contact is Tom Enright.
- Keith will be the chairperson from LECTU for the event.
- The cleanmywater is a 50 states initiative and TU is involved
- The Upper Chattahoochee Chapter of Atlanta Ga. is leading this effort
- Pick up trash along the river, take a picture and then post the picture.
- Instagram – tag #cleanmywater and #lectu.
- Zach Pope of the Twin Cities Chapter is attempting to compile a trout map in the Midwest States.
- Zach is working on Indiana and Michigan and needs some help.
- LECTU will have Leonard Gustin contact Zach and offer assistance.
Next Meeting – Wednesday – July 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM at the Middlebury Library
Tom Vanderputten – Secretary