Tom Vanderputten Keith Loutzenhiser Nick Christofeno Jim Philips Mike Beachy Court Walker Mark Holcomb Steve Mack John Hollister Wayne Andrews Lee Troyer Rick Weidow Craig Dulworth Oliver Miller Tom Sult Brandon Rasler
- Keith Loutzenhiser met with the library staff to reserve a room for our normal meeting. The room is reserved for the second Wednesday of each month in 2020 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
- The meeting minutes for December 11, 2019 were approved.
- Mike reported that on December 29th in the Corson Park area a 17” brown. Now that deer season for 2019 is closed the full length of the Little Elkhart is now open for fishing.
- Keith Loutzenhiser reported a total balance of $ 25,430.66 in all accounts as of December 2019.
- Dr. Dan Burns sent a donation of $ 100
- Dr. Larry Beachy donated the proceeds from his book sales ($ 135).
- The McComis Charitable Foundation donated $ 1,500
- Mike submitted the expenses for the outing (stamps, literature, envelopes, etc.) to Keith.
- The winter newsletter is complete and has been sent to Brandon for publication on the LECTU website.
- Frank Chontas a TU life-time member from Angola has transferred his chapter affiliation to LECTU.
Indiana Gaming Commision
- The filing for our gaming license with the state of Indiana is complete and LECTU has the license.
Middlebury Parks Rental Agreement
- The reservation for Riverbend Park in Middlebury on May 2, 2020 for the annual outing is complete.
LECTU Outing Printing
- The tickets, fliers, and letter are complete. The members attending today’s meeting stuffed the envelopes at the end of the meeting. Mike will put them in the mail.
- Mark Holcomb was able to purchase (2) Cortland fly rod outfits (with reel, line, backer) for 50% off, for the silent auction at the outing.
- Steve Mack received a donated Wright & McGill saltwater fly rod for the outing. In addition Steve received some donated fishing/murder mystery books for the outing.
- Mike Beachy completed a BCR fly rod (6wt. St. Croix) that he is donating for the outing.
Annual Adopt-A-Trout Rod Raffle (reprinted from December 11, 2019 minutes)
- LECTU has purchased a Winston Air 9ft. 5wt rod for our outing. In addition a Ross Evolution R 5/6 reel was purchased. Nick Halle (TU National) was very helpful in expediting this process.
- There was a discrepancy between the listed cost ($475) and our payment ($605). Keith will contact Winston regarding this difference.
Corson County Park
- There was no additional update on the progress of the new park.
- The HAM (Habitat Maintenance Project) Project delivered the hams on December 20th 2019.
- The following recieved hams: Oesch 1, Schwartz(s) 3, Yoder 1, Hoover 1, Adam 1
- The Schwartz(s) informed Mike that they had purchased the former Whetstone property on the Rowe Eden. This will enable LECTU to expand the fishing habitat from the junction of the Rowe Eden and the Little Elkhart River since this is now all Schwartz property.
Heartland Fly Show
- Heartland Show (Indianapolis: January 18-19). LECTU attendees will arrive Friday afternoon for set-up.
- Room reservations have been confirmed at the Quality Inn.
- The attendees are Keith and Tammy Loutzenhiser, Nick Christofeno, Mike Beachy, Mark Holcomb, and Steve Mack
Winter Fly Tying
- Keith Loutzenhiser has offered to host fly tying sessions at his home.
- December’s meeting was cancelled. In addition the January is also cancelled due to schedule conflicts.
- The next scheduled session will be Saturday February 22nd.
LECTU Streamer Class:
- Jon Uhlenhop from Chicago Fly Fishing Outfitters will teach a class on Sunday March 8, 2020.
- Seating is limited and the cost is $50 per person. The reservation deadline is February 16, 2020.
- The location is the Hampton Inn, Middlebury Indiana. The Hampton will extend a discount for any overnight attendees.
- 3RFF, SJRVFF, and Duneland FF have all been invited via digital to Curly Hodgson & Eric Graham.
- Printed handouts will be distributed at the 3RFF show, and the SJRVFF meeting.
- Steve Mack is working with the Middlebury Subway to provide sandwiches, etc.
- Steve is also working with the Hampton to secure room discounts for the May 2nd outing.
- Craig Dulworth reported that he could procure hats for $ 7.00 each (any color/any design). The order minimum was 144 hats.
- The members did not want to commit to that number of hats. The decision was postponed.
- Tom Sult reported that he was able and willing to design unique t-shirts and sweatshirts for LECTU.
No Trespassing at Well Field
- Lee Troyer talked with Ron Cupp of the Middlebury Water Department. The no trespassing were not intended to prevent LECTU from fishing access.
- Signs will be added “Fishermen Exempt” and/or “Fishermen Access Granted”
- Lee will follow-up with Ron Cupp to finalize the verbiage for the signs.
- Signs are recommended for the beginning, middle, and end of the Catch/Release area.
LECTU Member Fishing Trip
- The members have shown an interest for a fishing trip to the Driftless Area of Wisconsin.
- A $500 deposit has been paid to the lodge for the weekend Thursday June 18 to Sunday June 21.
- Check-in Thursday June 18 at 3:00pm, Check-out Sunday June 21 at 10:00am.
Next Meeting – Wednesday – February 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM at the Middlebury Library
Tom Vanderputten – Secretary