Loading...

(Just one moment)

Meeting Minutes April 11, 2012

Meeting Attendees
Leonard Gustin, Brandon Rasler, Lee Troyer, Court Walker, Pete Lehman, Tom Cripe, Bob Hagin, Don Fiwek, Jeff Stauffer

Meeting Minutes
The minutes from the March meeting were approved.

Fishing Reports
Mike caught 14 brown on 3/31
Court caught two browns
Brandon caught one brown
Leonard caught 2 browns

Treasurer’s Report
Our current balance is $10,543.30.

Communications
The newsletter that we snail mail should go out as soon as it gets printed and mailed.  The web site has up-to-date information for our Spring Outing.

CR 43 Project
The project is all set and awaiting word from John Law.  Tentative date for the project is June 16th.

Fly Casting Class
Charlie Ray has very few dates available for a fly casting class.  It is either June 9th or some time in September.  Five members (Don, Bob, Court, Brandon and Lee) would be interested in an advanced fly casting class and would like to do it June 9th.

Casting for Recovery
Don will check when we last donated to CFR.

RiverFest
Leonard reported that they had another meeting but they have not finalized very much.  LECTU will basically have the same involvement as last year.  We will donate at least $50 and maybe more, depending on the results of our fund raisers.

LECTU Decals
The decals have arrived and were distributed to the members at the meeting.  We will distribute them to those that sign in at the spring outing.

LECTU River Work Days
It was decided that we will have work days on July 28, August 11 and September 15.

Brown Trout Stocking
We are still waiting on the hatchery test results.  We would like to stock the browns the Tuesday after the spring outing.  We would like to stock two places at Wilbur’s; one being straight in from the lane and the other by the steel bridge by the woods.  Also at the well field and at Spring Street.

Annual Spring Outing
The date for the 2012 event will be May 5th.    Mike provided a list of items for the raffles.  He also provided a list of assignments for the outing.  Items resolved are as follows:

  • Brandon will provide a projector screen.
  • Lee will either secure a fly tying volunteer or else do it himself.
  • We need flies tied for the fly boxes.  Leonard will supply some.  Lee will also if he has time.
  • Tour volunteer – We need a volunteer for the tours.  No one volunteered.  The discussion centered around if we need to do this every year.  Maybe we should simply document what routes Chris does on his tour so we have it available for the future.  Maybe a walking tour could be substituted some years.
  • TFO Rods – We will have 4 of our TFO rods.  We will put a 6, 8 and 12 weight in the raffle.  We will put the 12’ 12 wt in the silent auction.
  • Court will bring the soda and water.
  • Court will help Charlie Ray set up.
  • Ticket pricing will be same as last year.


Next Meeting –May 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM at the Middlebury Library.
Lee Troyer – Secretary