Wayne Andrews, Mike Beachy, Don Fiwek, Leonard Gustin, Bob Hagin, Brandon Rasler, Lee Troyer, Carlisle Roose, Doyle Bloss
The minutes from the December meeting were approved.
We received a $1,000 contribution from SJRVFF.
CR 43 Project
Leonard suggested that we look at putting a fence stile on Levi Yoder’s property.
Indiana on the Fly
Annual Spring Outing
- Beau Beasley donated a book he authored titled Fly Fishing the Mid-Atlantic
- Great Lakes Fly Fishing Co donated a book titled The Valley of Light
- Guide Josh Lantz will donate a Trophy Largemouth trip for two.
- Old AuSable Fly Shop may donate a stay at their apartment in Grayling among other things.
- Wildcat Outfitters will donate misc. items
- Simms will donate hats and a jacket.
- Riverview Lodge and Cabins will donate a weekday stay on the AuSable (includes Monday thru Thursday, excludes trout opener, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day)
- TFO Rods – John Bueter will make us a deal on TFO rods that are being replaced by new series. Mike bought their TCIR rods at 70% off retail, of which he has 10 rods. The deal was that we had to take all 10 rods. A couple of the rods are specialty rods.
- Headline Speaker for our Spring Outing – Anne Miller on entomology – Her new book (Hatch Guide for Midwest Streams) should be available and she will do a book signing as well as a 45 minute program.
The smoked hams have been delivered to the landowners.
Brown Trout Stocking Program
Three Rivers Fly Fishers
Don also reported that we are required to have a separate account for our raffle. This is a requirement for our gaming license.
Don also stated that he has a time-share for May 18 – 25. The property is about 35 miles North of Traverse City and he will have a bedroom open for anyone who wants to use it. The fee would be $75 for the week.
Summer Vacation – It was decided that we will not have a July meeting this year. It was also decided that we will again have a cookout for our June meeting.
LECTU Decal – We will look at getting LECTU decals made. Lee will check prices with Hoogie’s Sport Shop.
Next Meeting – February 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM at the Middlebury Library.
Lee Troyer – Secretary